1. Mount .iso file and click on setup.exe, you will see the following screen.
2. Click on “New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation”, you will see the following screen.
3. Make sure, status of the each rule is “Passed” then click “Ok” to continue.
4. Next screen, you will be asked to enter product key. You can also try it by specifying a free edition from the checkbox.
5. Accept terms and condition by clicking the checkbox, then click on “Next” button.
6. Product updates screen will appear, you can skip scan if you want. It is optional.
7. On the “Install setup files” screen, click on “Install” button.
8. Then “Setup support Rules” screen will appear, it will check the rules and display result against it. It should be “Passed”. Warnings can be ignored. If it is failed, then solve the appropriate rule, by installing.
9. Now select the appropriate option from the radio button. Default is set to “SQL Server Feature installation”.
10. Here comes “Feature selection” screen. Select the required feature from the checkbox list and click on “Next” button.
11. “Installation rule” screen will check for rules (appropriate requirements)
12. Next comes the “Instance Configuration”, by default it’s “MYSQLSERVER”. You can change it to whatever you want.
13. “Disk Space Requirement” screen will display “Disk Usage Summary”
14. Now comes the “SQL Server Configuration Screen”. You can leave it as it. Default service settings are OK. If you want, you can set password for each service listed.
15. On “Database Engine Configuration”, set the authentication mode to “Mixed Mode (SQL Server + Windows Authentication)”. Set the password and click on the “Add Current User” button to add the current logged in user who will have unrestricted access to database engine. You can add “N” number of users or can remove users by clicking on “Add” or “Remove” button respectively.
16. From next screen, it will ask for service configuration settings, set it as per requirement else just keep them as it is.
17. Click “Next” on “Error Reporting” screen.
18. Once “Installation Configuration Rules” are validated, click on “Next” button.
19. Then you will see the “Summary” screen. Click “Install” button to continue.
20. Installation will take some time, depends upon the configuration of your computer. Generally it will take around 15-20 mins to finish.
21. Once the installation is completed, check the status of the each feature installed on your system. “Close” to finish.