1. It is used when redirecting the webpage within the same application.
2. As the redirection takes place from server, it has no round trips from server to client.
3. It is faster compare to Response.Redirect.
4. It adds NO history log on browser.
5. It preserves Query String and Form Variables from the original request.
1. It is applicable towards the redirection of webpage between 2 different applications.
2. It will instruct browser to call a particular webpage. This will increase one request and one response between the client and server.
3. It is slower compare to Server.Transfer because of network roundtrips.
4. It adds history log on browser.
5. It doesn’t preserve Query String and Form Variables from the original request.