Recently I have gone through a book “Nuget to Essentials” and as a developer, I have found it to be a concise, interesting and very useful introduction to Nuget. Authors Damir Arh and Dejan Dakic have covered Nuget Package Manager and related topics very brilliantly.
It is so easy to read and the information is very interesting that each time you turn a page,
you want to learn and know more about Nuget! Every topic in this book is covered with examples. You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account. Since All the examples are written in C# language, only basic knowledge of the language is required to start reading this book.
Here is a list of the positive things, I found about the book:
- Doesn’t require any prior knowledge about NuGet
- Example source codes are written in C#
- All the concepts on real-world examples step by step with a section that explain you the whole process each time in every topic
- Very comprehensive writing. Authors explained almost everything which makes things clear!
- Very informative, even if you are a beginner, an intermediate or an advanced user
- Covers all aspects of using NuGet, from the basics to the advanced scenarios of creating packages and hosting an internal server
After you’ve read the book, you know how to easily find and refer third-party libraries from your projects, create packages from your class libraries for others to use and publish them to the official NuGet gallery and host your own internal NuGet server and publish packages to it.
One thing I have noticed about Packt Publisher is that they offer eBook versions of every book published with PDF and ePub files available, which is very great and added advantage.
Since everything is covered related to Nuget Package Manager along with simple and easily understandable examples, I strongly recommended this book to every .NET developer who wants to learn more about NuGet. A must have ‘Essential‘ book.
Language : English
Paperback : 116 pages
Release Date : November 2013
ISBN / ISBN 13 : 178216586X / 9781782165866
Author(s) : Damir Arh, Dejan Dakic
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
- Win Free Copies of the new book NuGet 2 Essentials from Packt Publishing (surajdeshpande.wordpress.com)
- Get to grips with the NuGet Package Manager using Packt’s new Book and eBook (packtpub.com)