In this article, lets take a look on how to update pihole docker container version to latest version using Portainer.
What is Pi-hole?
Pi-hole is a Linux network-level advertisement and Internet tracker blocking application which acts as a DNS sinkhole and optionally a DHCP server, intended for use on a private network.
What is Portainer?
Portainer is an open source container management tool for Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm and Azure ACI. It allows anyone to deploy and manage containers without the need to write code.
Pihole docker container update using Portainer
Pihole usually displays when there is a new version available on the footer as shown in the below screenshot.
- Login to your Portainer instance
- Goto containers
3. Select ‘Pihole’ container
4. Click on the ‘Recreate’ button. It will display following prompt –
5. Click on the ‘Pull latest image’ option and then click on ‘Recreate’ button.
6. It will take few minutes to download latest Pihole image and recreating a container.
7. Once done, you can goto your pihole instance and verify that pihole is updated to latest version, as shown below –