In this article, let’s see an example of jQuery’s one of the popular plugin – FeedEk.
About FeedEk jQuery Plugin
FeedEk is a jQuery RSS/ATOM Feed Reader/Importer/Parser. You can obtain feeds easily from any domain.
1. Create a new project, name it as “FeedEkPluginExample”.
2. Select the empty MVC template and click ok.
3. Download the FeedEk plugin here. Include the FeedEk files in the solution.
4. Now let’s add a controller and view. Right click on “Controllers” folder in the solution and select Add >> Controller, you will see following window.
Select MVC 5 Controller – Empty option and click on “Add” button.
5. Name it as “HomeController” as shown in the following screen and click “Add”.
6. Now let’s add a view for this controller. Right click on “Views” folder in the solution and select Add >> View, you will see following window and click “Add”.
<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script> <script src="~/Scripts/FeedEk/js/FeedEk.js"></script>
8. Include the FeedEk css file reference in Index.cshtml file.
<link href="~/Scripts/FeedEk/css/FeedEk.css" rel="stylesheet" />
9. Add a placeholder for the widget to your page.
<div id="divRss"> </div>
There are different options which you can try. Take a look here for documentation.
11. Now if you run the application, you will see following output on the page
Source Code Download:
Github [Repository Link]
Box.com [Direct Download Link]