Advantages of jQuery:
2. Amazing Documentation and Live Demos
The jQuery website has a great documentation and tutorials available along with a live demos. Even absolute beginner in programming (or jQuery) can learn it very easily.
3. Supports Ajax
jQuery provides full Ajax support where actions can be performed on pages without full postback. jquery has bunch of Ajax methods available.
4. Cross Browser Campatibility
jQuery methods provides cross browser compatibility. This means a code written in jQuery can work in different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera etc. So that developer can code easily without worrying about the code output on different browsers.
5. Easy DOM manipulation
jQuery provides you methods for working with the DOM. It handles DOM the way it handles the objects!
6. Ease of use
7. Strong and Large Open Source community (lots of plugins available)
jQuery is an open source project, it comes with hundreds of plugins available for download to instantly speed up your development process.
- jquery (jquery.com)
- jqueryui (jqueryui.com)
- Call a Web Service Using JQuery in ASP.NET (surajdeshpande.wordpress.com)
- Calling ASP.Net WebMethod using JQuery (surajdeshpande.wordpress.com)