In this article, let’s discuss about the new and enhanced features in Visual Studio 2013 Release Candidate (RC).
The official release date for Visual Studio 2013 is November 13, 2013. In preparation, the Release Candidates of VS2013, Team Foundation Server 2013, and .NET Framework 4.5.1 are available for download now. Here is the official announcement for Visual Studio 2013 RC.
1. Visual studio 2013 comes with .NET Framework 4.5 and 4.5.1 framework with some new features, see What’s New in the .NET Framework 4.5.
3. Visual studio support windows 8.1 app development also it allows you to submit newly developed windows app to App store. See Windows 8.1 Preview: New APIs and features for developers.
4. Productivity improvements for managed apps include return values in the debugger, Edit and Continue support for 64-bit apps, and better exception handling in Windows Store apps.
5. MSBuild 12.0 is now installed as part of Visual Studio rather than as part of the .NET Framework, see What’s New in MSBuild 12.0.
6. The Visual Studio IDE has some important changes—improved icons, more contrast in the user interface, the ability to search the Options window directly, and other enhancements.
7. First time, when you start the visual studio, you can select one of the three Visual Studio themes—Black, White, or Blue.
8. The new connected IDE uses your Microsoft account to connect to your Visual Studio profile, including your Team Foundation Service (TFS) account.
9. You can use the new MVC (model-view-controller) pattern in Office and SharePoint 2013 to create apps. You can also publish apps to Windows Azure websites.
Download Visual Studio 2013 RC here.
- What’s New in Visual Studio 2013 RC (msdn.microsoft.com)
- Visual Studio 2013 IDE Tips and Tricks (msdn.microsoft.com)